Adox Roll Film - Start Mark

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Steve Smith, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm sure others have already found this but I will mention it to stop others making the same mistake:

Yesterday I used some Adox CHS 100 film in my Rolleicord. Like a lot of cameras, you line up the start position printed on the backing paper with marks on the camera, close the back and wind on. The camera's mechanism does all the rest.

The Adox film has START written in big letters so I used that position.

When I processed the film, I only got eleven image and looking at the backing paper there is a set of start arrows about 3" further on down the paper. If I had used that it would have worked perfectly.

What's the pointing in putting START where it isn't the start? Grrrr!!!!

Steve.

2. Dshambli

Dshambli Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Been there and done that. I used some Chinese film one time that had the same thing and it yielded the same result.

3. railwayman3

railwayman3 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've done it too, when I first had a TLR! I suppose that the point of the "START" printing is to prevent someone reloading a used film....at least I've never done that!

4. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    On the plus side, I do like the look of this film. I haven't printed them yet but looking at the negatives, the sky area looks as if a yellow filter has been used.

Steve.