Aero Ektar on Super D

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by MMfoto, Apr 29, 2007.

1. MMfoto

MMfoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Does anyone know if the 7" Aero Ektar will infinity focus when mounted on a Graflex RB Super D? I understand that the 7" is a little shorter than what the Super D was designed for, not to mention the size of the optic and mirror clearance issues. Anyone know for sure by chance?

I'm really interested in a Super D that's available to me, and I like the idea of mounting either an 8" Pentac or a 7" Aero Ektar for portrait work.

Suggestions?

2. ineffablething

ineffablething Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    No, it won't fit. The back of the lens protrudes quite a bit. You would be lucky to get a really head/shoulders shot.

William

3. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    MM, I have an 8" Pentac clone in barrel if interested PM me.
    Glass is very clean.

jan

4. lightcenter

lightcenter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    aeo-ektar graflex d 4x5.....

I buils custon / converted graflex 3x4 D cameras... 4x4.5'' image focus = 3'- infinity !!!! check out john minnicks face book aero-liberator.... the king of the hand held SLR!!

5. lightcenter

lightcenter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    check out- aero-liberator 3x4 graflex conversion... 3'-infinity yes! or johnminnicks@facebook

6. mr. mohaupt

mr. mohaupt Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I met John on Saturday, he is a great guy and does AMAZING WORK. Seriously. If you need to see some of his work just check out
    Mark Tucker
    http://MyDayWith.com/
    I know he took a lot of those photos with an Aero-Ektor monster that John rebuilt

I have a photo of one that he did on my phone... I will see about uploading it.

~M