Ag Magazine - The End ?

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews & Shows' started by jepoma, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jepoma

jepoma Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

With the passing this summer of its publisher, Chris Dickie, it now seems very likely that this is the end of the line for Ag Magazine. I have been trying for months to get hold of back issues (printed version) but without success. I thus wonder if anyone else was interested in back issues and/or if anyone knew of a way to get hold of back issues.

Also, does anyone know of any effort to keep this wonderful magazine going ?

Hapy New Year !

Cheers,

++
    jepoma

2. jepoma

jepoma Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Nobody (still) interested in Ag Magazine ?

Gosh ...

3. John Austin

John Austin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yes,

I must admit to not having seen or heard of it - Not much gets down to the Southern Forest of WA

4. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had a subscription to Ag but I don't remember receiving the last tribute edition last summer.

Tom

5. jepoma

jepoma Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It's not out yet. Members of Chris Dikie's family are trying to get it together and publish it.

These people need support. Some kind words at info@ag-photo.co.uk will certainly help them through the rough times. The publisher of Ag certainly deserves this. So, on to your keyboards, guys !

6. Lowenburg

Lowenburg Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    AG Was Great because of Chris

I had the good fortune to publish an article in Ag in 2012 (Full Circle Apollo: Larry Fink Goes Digital at the Met) and Chris Dickie was one terrific guy to work with. AG was a very high-quality international journal because of Chris's careful attention to every detail and the breadth of his photographic knowledge. I haven't seen any publications that are filling the void left by AG, though I'm hopeful someone else out there has the dedication plus the depth of knowledge it will take to provide the quality of looking and reading that AG did.

If you have the opportunity to hunt down any issues, I think the search is worth it.