Again...new website.

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by Domenico Foschi, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Domenico Foschi

Domenico Foschi Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Well, after a long time of trying to find out how to have a new website for cheap, I finally realized that my Mac has IWeb, a software that enables html illiterates like me to create one.
    So, after 3 days of getting acquainted with IWEb I ventured my self in the act of building.

After about 3 months I have to say that I am happy for the fact that the traffic has almost tripled in respect to my previous website, which incorporated Flash which, has been explained to me, is not Google friendly.
    That was a good tip.
    Plus, the great thing is that now I can upgrade the site whenever I want without hiring my former webmaster.
    Next step will be creating a blog included in the site, since the one I have now is actually on Blogger, only linked to the site.

2. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very well done Domenico...I'm curious about the lithographs...Commercial offset (?)

3. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Good job. I haven't updated my iWeb created site to the latest version of iWeb yet. Am looking forward to using iWeb's new tools. Thanks for your inspiring work.

4. delphine

delphine Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Looks good and no problem on XP+IE7.
    Wonderful photographs, a pleasure to see them again.

5. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice... easy to navigate, the pictures look lovely. Well done!

6. Joe Lipka

Joe Lipka Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    In viewing your website using Firefox, your site does not show you at your best. There are no pictures viewable, the text is outlined with boxes and ovals and is generally not what you want representing you on the web.

Cross platform viewing (viewing a Mac created site on a PC and vice versa) is always fraught with peril. I hope that my views of your site are strictly due to viewing this from work. When I go home tonight, I will re-check your web site and let you know what I see.

7. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I enjoy looking at your photos. They are excellent!

Jeff

8. bsdunek

bsdunek Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice, easy to navigate. I do get some empty boxes with Explorer at work. I try at home on Safari.
    Very nice work - I especially like the kitchen utensils!

9. Domenico Foschi

Domenico Foschi Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thank you for the responses so far.
    Joe, thank you for taking the time.
    The first time i viewed the site I had the same problem, lots of boxes, then the problem disappeared.
    What I have noticed is that a website built with IWeb is a little slow to load because it's bulky, so to speak.
    A site built with IWeb is not a perfect site, I realize that, I hope that Apple will improve the software overtime.

10. Kerik

Kerik Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Similar problem here w/Firefox and XP. The links at the top are all bunched together and overlapping. It works with IE7, but I despise that browser.

11. stefan d

stefan d Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Very well done and I always love your wonderful photos !

12. Tori8x10

Tori8x10 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Gorgeous, sensual images Domenico! I especially love your "Lingering Past" gallery. Now I need brother and sister images to go with my "Pine on Gravel Road". Of all the photographs I own that is my favorite!

The site has a really nice feel to it but I'm getting some of those empty boxes too. I'm on a MAC and using Safari.

13. bill h

bill h Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Webpage looks fine on my Firefox/PC setup, and I'm glad I had the chance to look through them all.
    -bill