Agfa / Ansco LF cameras

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Ian Grant, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok I'm puting together a few web pages regarding these excellent American camera's.

If you have and use one I'd appreciate your help with some images of your camera, your comments and links to any images you've made with it.

Ian

2. wfwhitaker

wfwhitaker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Agfa's are great old cameras. Glad you're putting a page together. I'll send you some images as I can.

Best,
    Will

3. John Bartley

John Bartley Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format

When we PM'd earlier, I forgot that I had these pictures already uploaded. You're welcome to use them (poor as they are) any way you like.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/oldrad/Photo/LargeFormat/AgfaAnsco8x10/

cheers eh?

4. John Kasaian

John Kasaian Member

Great idea! If I can talk my Bride into teaching me how to use Her digi I'll try e-mailing you images of my 5x7 Agfa Ansco Universal---a great old camera(the Agfa---not the digi!) IMHO,these are 'sleepers' since they go for cheap, have more movements than a pretzal, will share both 4x5 and 5x7 backs, the 5x7 backs have sliders like 'dorffs so you can shoot two 2-1/2"x7" (slick!) or 3-1/2"x5" on one sheet of film. Kind of boxy when folded, not a lightwieght(but no heavyweight either) I can leave the lens on while in transit since it clears in between the front rails when folded. Since the camera can be reversed on It's bed, you can use very short lenses in needed without the front rail getting into the act. I've got a 14" APO Artar living aboard mine as well as a 13" Cooke softy. FWIW I think these are great cameras with which to explore LF. You can shoot table top, type 55 P/N with a polaroid back, trannies and infra red and slap on the 5x7 back for nice intimate contacts, alternative processes, as well as 2-1/2x7 panoramas using the slider. Aptly named "Universal"

Cheers!

5. MikeK

MikeK Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ian, I have emailed 5 assorted pictures of my Battleship Gray 5x7 Ansco. Hope these help..

Mike