Agfa????

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by rberry65, Nov 3, 2011.

1. rberry65

rberry65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A friend of mine gave me an Agfa Solinette. I have figured out the main workingd of the camera, but the focus ring seems to be stuck. I can not find any info for this camera, such as a manual, on the internet. Any suggestions would be great.
    :D

2. mablo

mablo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/agfa/agfa_super_solinette/agfa_super_solinette.htm

More or less all original condition Agfa cameras have a jammed focus by now. This is because Agfa used a variety of grease that eventually turns to concrete. It can be freed by injecting WD-40 lubricant or similar into the focus helicoid little by little and let it stay and do its work until the focus gradually starts to move again.

3. ath

ath Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Probably this is a 3 or 4 element lens with front cell focusing. In this case the front ring comes off (look for small set screws) and the front element unscrews from the focusing helix.
    Take care when disassembling this and mark everything. When putting it back together real focusing and distance scale have to coincide. There is probably more than one thread to reassemble the front cell.

4. dnjl

dnjl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  5. rberry65

rberry65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the links. Very useful.