Agfachrome crd

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Rhodes, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A friend and colleague of mine got me can of 30m agfachrome crd duplicanting film, that was from his father who worked as a photographer in the house of coin here, due to my interest in film photography. It was store in the fridge and never opened.
    For what I could find in the web, it's a duplicating slide film, possibly iso 12 and processed in AP44/E6. The can has a information about filters - Y15 M, C05. This filters are for the lens of the camera when using the film or is the enlarger filter settings?
    Can this film be use as a "normal" slide film for pictures?

2. dynachrome

dynachrome Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have some Ektachroms slide duplicating film which is something like this. I'd better experiment with it before E-6 processing becomes unavailable. Experiment is the key word. Don't shoot a wedding with this film no matter how much you think you know about it.

3. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hei, I can shoot a wedding with it, I may not have anything to show after! :laugh: Serious side, thanks, I will clean the bulk loader and begin shooting some rolls and see what I may come
    up with!

4. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If it's like the Ektachrome 6121 in 4x5 that I have that's not supposed to be used in camera, it will give you very low contrast, fairly high latitude results. My film comes out very cold even with the correction filter, but that may just be due to it's age.

This scan is color corrected and has had a bit of contrast added in post, but the colors themselves are natural.
    6330253780_34de2c030d_b.jpg

5. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I like the colors. Since I scan my negatives, I correct them always so, there will be no problem with that. Let's seee if I have a good slide film to use in more sunny days (today is raining here...)