aging characteristics of RVP (Velvia 50)

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by epatsellis, Oct 3, 2006.

1. epatsellis

epatsellis Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was visiting a photographer this past weekend, and the conversation turned to transparencies, I had mentioned that I was hoping to do some cross processing this fall, and if he know of any expired E6 film, I'd be interested. Lo and behold he goes downstairs and hands me 6 boxes of RVp in quickloads. Two problems, I dont' have a back (though I need to get a 545 anyway...) and the exp date is a little out there, like 11-94 out there.

what are the aging characteristics of this film? I'd like to know that it's at least still light sensitive and workable (color accuracy is not a concern, as I'm cross processing anyway)

Any ideas before I go bumming a couple of gallons of c41 chemicals from my friend that has a minilab?

erie

2. Stephanie Brim

Stephanie Brim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hehe...those are going to produce some WICKED colors, especially cross processed. You should be pleased.

3. karin bingel

karin bingel Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    you should expect a noticeable red/magenta cast (normally processed). I too have a few 120 RVPs left (exp. date 97, kept frozen) and I use them only to shoot sunsets with a telephoto lens, as color fidelity is not important.