Agnekolor Laminar Flow Processor

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Tom Duffy, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Tom Duffy

Tom Duffy Member

I owned and used this processor back in 1980. it was designed for color print processing. I used it with Cibachrome. it did a fair job at that. you held the print, emulsion side down with your hand on the backside of the paper. don't think that would work too well with film!
    I met the owner of the company in his factory in Patterson NJ one time when I needed a quick repair. I don't remember his name, but he really believed in his product.
    I recall I paid over $200 for my processor, new in 1980.
    Take care,
    Tom

2. Christopher Nisperos

Christopher Nisperos Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    "I met the owner of the company in his factory in Patterson NJ one time when I needed a quick repair. I don't remember his name . . . "

Sam Needleman. Nice man. The processor was originally destined to be called Agfacolor. They changed their mind at the last minute and decided not to sell it, so he re-named it AgNEcolor and found another distributor (Ehrenreich Photo-Optical Industries, aka EPOI) .. The "NE" in Agnekolor is for NEedleman.

"he really believed in his product"

Yes he did. About the processor: If you used it carefully to avoid contamination, it worked OK. But there was a basic design fault (aside from its enormous bulk): its main feature --laminar flow-- also made it a sort of "chemical oxidizing machine", due to that continuous waterfall running throughout the whole process!

Just my two cents. I was the tech rep who hauled-around and demo'd that machine all around the U.S. in the early 1970's.

Best,

Christopher Nisperos

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2010
  3. amateur_trombonist

amateur_trombonist Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm new to this - anyway I have a question or two r.e. the Agnekolor 1623 and 1114 model processors. I've been trying to locate replacement foam-backed rods and a developer container for the 1623 model. The foam is starting to pull away from rod. I'm also looking for a heater unit for the smaller 1114 model.

4. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a couple of the 11x14 units I inherited. Never got them up and going but I would be willing to part with them for a reasonable price.

5. amateur_trombonist

amateur_trombonist Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for responding - I didn't think there were any orphan owners still out there. Personally, I'd love to have another unit. However, I know my wife won't allow it as she wants me to do away with all my darkroom equipment. I think I could convince her to allow me to get the items mentioned in my original posting but not another complete unit. Obviously, you don't want to sell parts off yours. I just hoped maybe someone had old units kicking around that weren't fully functional.

6. Nelsonfish

Nelsonfish Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have a 1114 that has hardly been used.

My girlfriend in 1977 bought this for me from our photography teacher....he had barely used it (if at all) and I have NEVER used it! I am getting ready to take it to goodwill, but would rather it have a good home.

If you (or anyone else) is interested I can provide pictures and for shipping and a very low price (make an offer to cover my time and gas money to the UPS) and it is yours.

But I will be parting with it one way or another very soon.....