Albums

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Rtcjr, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Rtcjr

Rtcjr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

I am searching for a source of MF photo albums for square prints, most likely staying in the 5x5 range.

Please let me know if you have suggestions - thank you!

Rich

2. aRolleiBrujo

aRolleiBrujo Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  4. Rtcjr

Rtcjr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks aRolleiBrujo I will check them out.

Polyglot, I am in the states (Connecticut). I have only started shooting 6x6 last fall and have not sorted out my printing process yet. I lost my makeshift darkroom due to home renovations for a while and have to scan for the interim. Not all pics of course will be 10x10 prints and worthy of a wall in the house but I would like to create albums like all my 4x6 prints from when I shot 35mm. I have a great shop down the street who still does a lot of film work and can print my scans to size. From there I just need to put them into an album. I am under the impression that I can find one that fits 5x5 or 6x6 prints of the shelf (like you would by for 4x6 prints), or maybe I have to just get an album / portfolio books with pages that are multi-purpose?

thanks - Rich.

5. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If you're doing it via scanning, I would suspect that an online digital printing service like blurb would be your best bet. That way, you get a nicely-bound book, whatever size you want. Print quality isn't as good as RA4 (these are the snapshots so who cares) but it's much easier and cheaper than making a bunch of cut-sheet prints and sticking/binding them into an album.

You could also look at something like Profolio (a bunch of polyethylene sleeves in a binder) but I don't think they come in square. Maybe if you had a serious guillotine you could cut one down to squareish.

6. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Michaels and ACMoore have square format ones in the scrapbooking section most of the time.

7. Rtcjr

Rtcjr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the info!