Alternative Printing System

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by BrianL, Aug 3, 2011.

1. BrianL

BrianL Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not sure if this is the right place or not. I have been watching a series called Cake Boss and today I saw a really neat photo print system. Feed the photo in, do your photo adjustments and hit the print function and out comes the print. The "paper" is I think foundant or some other icing so if you don't like the results, just pop it into your mouth. No fuss, muss or waste and no environmentally unfriendly chemicals.

I want one !!!

2. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, my sister in law decorates cakes in shops, but is not computer literate. the first time she described this a few years ago it was like some kind of magic to her. I explained it was a variant of ink jet printing. Some are direct on fondant, and recently she has also told me of one that you transfer like a dye diffusion print onto an icing reciever sheet so you can use and ordinary ink jet printer, albeit one fitted with food safe inks.

3. Diapositivo

Diapositivo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think this matter should better be discussed at EPUG (Edible Photography User Group) :smile:

4. BrianL

BrianL Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I looked for that group but could not find it. I'd put on a hundred pounds with one of these, I can see me printing my estimated 3,000 prints and slides. Guess it would make a heck of an interesting cake. Hey maybe an anniversary cake for the development of photography.