Alternative to Solaris Instamatic 126

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by markw, Feb 25, 2007.

1. markw

markw Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A trusted vendor has suggested that Solaris 126 cartridges will no longer be manufactured. I hope to feed my Instamatic 500 with Adox 126 cartridges, but worry that they may be re-labelled items from the same manufacturer.

Can anyone give me insight into whether Adox 126 Kodapak-style instamatic cartridges are, in fact, Solaris products?

Regards,

Mark

2. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Isn't the Adox stuff B&W?

3. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually I looked into the Adox cartridges, and what I read suggested it was colour. So my conclusion was it was re-branded Solaris, sadly, but that's more an educated guess than anything.

4. markw

markw Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It's colour

I can confirm it is colour, 200 ASA. It is branded "Adocolour" (or -color...don't remember). Put through an Instamatic 500 with Xenar, one gets beautiful prints...I get white borders on square prints...looks just like in my parent's old photo albums. Probably a bit odd colour rendition compared to consumer Kodak film.

I wish I could get B&W instamatic. That would be wonderful.

M

5. markw

markw Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Opps, I see that the source (Wikipedia and the Canadian vendor) say that the last run is March 2007, so production hasn't stopped, but I am being encouraged to grab it while it lasts (which is typically longer than one might think).

6. Brac

Brac Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The Adox 126 is rebadged Ferrania Solaris colour print film. Ferrania are the last manufacturer of 126 film.