alternativephotography.com support issues

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by michael9793, Apr 7, 2008.

1. michael9793

michael9793 Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I joined this group because of my Pt/pd printing. I gave them my money and they show me as a member. SO!!!! for the last 2 months I have been trying to get my work on the gallery. I have e-mailed them 6 times with the information and pictures they want. Nothing. Lots of other people get theirs up but even when I e-mail them to find out why they don't answer. I have even brought this up on the forum and I get no response.

They are either more concerned with European Photographers or they run this like Emulsion magazine runs their magazine.

Don't waste your time. They seem to pick and choose who they want to show their work or even talk to you.

Mike A

2. mark

mark Member

I have had similar issues on other forums. It is like they were set up for a select few in the inner circle. Because of that, this is the only photo forum I come to.

3. michael9793

michael9793 Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I agree I should have learned when I joined F64 website, being a website from great Britain, any time I comment on something they would jump down my throat saying I was off basis in commenting on a print here or there. SO finally I saw the light here and never went back. I see many of the members on here now but because it is run differently (so much better) you don't get the prejudice for being from some where else.

ma
    ma

4. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Michael,

I will e-mail Malin personally to inform her of your situation. I'm sorry you haven't been responded to in proper fashion and hopefully, Malin will rectify that. Don't give up on AP just yet.

Regards, Art.

5. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format

Mike,

I don't believe Malin has shown any preference toward Europeans -- for a fact I know that she has sought out and invited many American alternative printers to participate on the site.

It is obvious that she is running a fairly complicated site. Perhaps with a little patience your situation might resolve itself. Most people I know who deal with Malin think highly of her, and I do as well.

Sandy

6. michael9793

michael9793 Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Art,
    thank you very much, I'm sure she is a good person I was just getting frustrated that over a two month time frame I had not gotten a response and felt this may be the only way to get somebody to help me. I may have been a little tough on the group but I felt that may get someone to respond and you did.

again thanks for you help Art.

Sandy you are probably right. I just was blowing off steam and went a little over board like I have a tendency to do..

thanks for your response

mike a

7. pauliej

pauliej Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sounds like it is some sort of scam to me. I think you need to demand a refund, as they dont seem to want you in their sandbox, so to speak. My 2 cents, less taxes.

Paul

8. Kerik

Kerik Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm with Sandy. I've been on that site for years and have never had any issues with Malin. I'm confident your situation will be resolved. As for pauliej's ill-informed comment: at 2 cents, it's way over-priced.

9. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've been there for a long time too, and am also confident in Malin. But since I'm Scandinavian like Malin, I didn't want to be the first to express my confidence. :wink:

10. AlternativePhotograp

AlternativePhotograp Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello all,
    I'm sorry for not replying earlier, I'm not very active on this forum but someone sent me the thread. I am the editor of AlternativePhotography.com and I want to clarify a few things:
    -We are open to entries from all over the world. If you take a look at the galleries on the site you will see this.
    -The membership is a supporting membership and is used to run the site, noone gets paid, despite the hundreds of hours of work we put in.
    -We don't take images from everyone that sends their work in, we do some editing and reject some. BUT, we do reply to EVERYONE that sends their work in. Unfortunately we have a real problem with spam and get over 1000 emails a day, so it does happen that we miss a few important emails. Mike, try again, and mark the email "Gallery request" and we will probably see it.
    -We do talk to everyone. We don't run an elitist site, students work is as welcome as professionals, I think this is pretty clear if you take a look in the galleries and read people's bio. The important thing of the site, that is also the core of the site is the love and the use of alternative photographic processes.
    -People with an interest in alt. proc. is what makes the site run, their galleries, their articles, their step-by-step instructions, their discussions on the forum etc.
    I hope this clarifies a few things.
    Malin

11. michael9793

michael9793 Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Marlin,
    thank you for your response, I will resend the e-mail once again. I have done it 6 times and it is label gallery Request as the web page indicates. Spam seems to be the big problem with many sites f/64 got so bogged down by them that it had to shut down once in a while to hand the problem. If you do reject my work thats fine just a e-mail would be nice. I will then just enjoy the work that is posted.
    again thank you for getting back to me on this issue.

Michael Andersen

12. TimVance

TimVance Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't have anything to add. I am just surprised you are from fort myers! Way cool.

13. michael9793

michael9793 Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Hay Tim,
    Very nice to see someone from our area. There is another guy from Naples that I have photographed with his name is John Brady. check his work out very Clyde Butcher and does a great job at it. Have you ever gone to the Fort Myers Camera Club meetings? To have something to do and people to meet I may start going next fall when it starts up again. Your night shot are cool on flickr. Bring some over to this site so week can enjoy your work

Mike A

14. Ian Leake

Ian Leake Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    You're lucky Mike. I can't even register there because the activation email hasn't arrived. The email address given on the registration form bounces with a "user unknown" error so that's not much use either.

Malin - if you're watching this thread can you help? Thanks.

15. AlternativePhotograp

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sending you a pm.

16. AlternativePhotograp

Shooter:
    35mm
    Images

Mike,
    Still waitng for your images. Sending you a pm where you can email them if the other email is not working.
    Malin

17. Colin Graham

Colin Graham Member

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Maybe someone could change the title of this thread? Clearly the support is exceptional.

18. CBG

CBG Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmmm,

They have galleries of many dozens of photographers from all over the Americas. Looks fine to me.

C

19. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've toned it down.

20. AlternativePhotograp

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just to let you all know. Mike's very nice images has arrived and will be show in the gallery shortly. And, the forum issue is resolved too. I hope you can all enjoy the site now!
    All the best,
    Malin

21. michael9793

michael9793 Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I just want to say that Malin was very nice and took care of it right away after being informed that there was a problem. THis site isn't as big as Apug and has some problems but so did Apug when it started so I hope future problems can be worked out and comunication becomes better with the monitors. OTher than that it is a wonderful site for alternate photography

22. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm glad it worked out for you Mike. You've got some great images and Alternative Photography is a fantastic site. A good match made.

Regards, Art.

23. michael9793

michael9793 Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    art,
    thanks for the nice commits

24. AlternativePhotograp

Shooter:
    35mm