Alternatives to graflex rh12 roll film holder that fits mamiya rb67

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by loman, Sep 30, 2008.

1. loman

loman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi All
    Are there any alternatives to a graflex rh12 holder that fits the mamiya rb67. I would love to be able to shoot "native" 6x6 with it instead of having to crop down from 6x7. I saw an older graflex 22 with a lever wind, on ebay, but does that have the important extra rollers to help film flatness or not? I am aware that the standard graflex 22 with knop doesn't.
    Best Regards
    Mads

2. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mamiya 6x6 back? Not that common but they exist.

3. loman

loman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    But a mamiya 6x6 back makes a graflex rh12 seem like something you can pick from trees.
    I was hoping there were other options. The reason I'm asking in the first place is, that I've been looking for a rh12 back for a couple of week now, and havn't been able to find one.
    Best Regards
    Mads

4. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mads,

There is a difference in film plane I believe between the Mamiya backs and the rh backs. That is what I was told and looking at the 2.25x3.25 sheet film I shoot in Grafmatics on the rb67, I think it's so. They are just not as sharp as the roll film I put through the rb67 in Mamiya holders.

And no, I have never seen a Mamiya 6x6 holder, but if I ever do, I will snap it up in a heartbeat. In the meantime, 6x6 gets shot in my C220.

tim in san jose

5. bnstein

bnstein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    In general the lever wind backs do have the extra rollers. Dont know about alternatives to the graflex (Id chase those who made 67 and 69 backs: linhof, horseman etc)

6. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A quick Google suggests that a 6x6 back for the RB has never been made by Mamiya. RZ had 6x6, but not RB. Is there room to place a mask in front of the film and another on the ground glass?