Alternatives to Ilford products, suggestions please.

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by bogeyes, Oct 1, 2004.

1. bogeyes

bogeyes Member

If the Ilford products disappear from the shelves, what EUROPEAN alternatives are on offer in the UK. I like Tetenal and Fotospeed chemicals, but what about film and paper? Are the Foma, Maco or Tura films equal to Ilfords range. How good are Fotospeed and Foma papers. I have not mentioned Agfa because I,m hearing bits here and there that like Ilford they are in trouble. Before all you guys accross the water yell Kodak I would just like to add I have nothing against EK products or Americans, it is just t that I would like to know what europe has to offer. Thanks Bogeyes

2. jim kirk jr.

jim kirk jr. Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think this was already discussed in another thread in major detail.

3. bogeyes

bogeyes Member

Jim

Sorry for the ambiguous question, I have been living in isolation for most of the summer, no phone link to a computer, no electricity. All the rumours and speculation are new to me, the only certainty is that three great photographers have died this year. After seaching for alternatives to ilford products I have disovered www.retrophotographic.com it looks like they have enough B&W products to satisfy most people.

4. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    we have a great sponsor in J&C who can supply all your wants for film and paper. Then there are a few new sponsors like freestyle that also can do the job.

5. bogeyes

bogeyes Member

Aggie, shipping cost to the UK make European suppliers more attractive.