Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by sandermarijn, Jan 23, 2012.

1. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Am I missing something here? 10x Neopan 400 135-36 for GBP 139,99. And he sold 4 already? Nahhh, can't believe that.

It's discontinued alright, and my favourite b&w film, but I think I can find better deals :D

2. ndrs

ndrs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Those four were sold @ £39.99

3. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Neopan 400 is discontinued in 135 in your market? Too bad. Get it here along with all your other favourites. Looks to be about 6 eurotjes per roll.

4. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was looking on ebay for Neopan 400 in 120, and then saw the GBP 139.99 (or 39.99) auction for 135-36. The 35mm version is available locally for 5.50 eurootjes (though probably not for long anymore).

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd contact the seller it looks like a mistake.

Ian

6. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh okay, sorry. Well I probably have several rolls that I can part with; how much are you looking for...

7. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Keith, but I was rather looking for EU-sources. Shipping and customs are a bit prohibitive otherwise. Then again, what do you have and how many eurootjes/dollartjes do you want for it? 10 rolls maybe?

8. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You're right Ian. I just sent him/her a message.

9. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The answer:

"Hi Buyer,

We are raise the price As Chinese New year is approaching, worker in factory had
    already gone back home and having new year holiday now. So our razer supplier have raise price for the limited supply.
    If u didn't need it urgently, i suggest u could consider to purchase from us on around early of Feb.
    Pls note. Thx.
    Carrie"

Nothing cheap about China anymore. (But I can see the logic in what she's saying.)

10. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sander I have 15 rolls of neopan 120, frozen, and some 135 as well. I have more that is unfrozen but can't vouch for the condition, it's travelled with me a few times so I'd better keep it.

Mind you, it's not that I want to get rid of it, in fact I love it, but for what I do I am just as content with hp5+.... so it may as well go to someone who values la difference.

Name a reasonable price. Or do you have something else I might covet?

11. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for getting back to me Keith. It's nice of you to offer me some of your film. However, since I'm not desperate to buy and because you seem to like to film yourself I think it's better that we cancel the deal that never was ;-)

I must admit that I do still have some stock of Neopan 400-120. I will finish that and then take care of my Tri-x in 120. After Tri-x comes HP5+. I could never get along with TMY in all its incarnations.

BTW, what do you covet? Mind you, in photographic terms!

Some people go berzerk when they hear APX 25-120 (have two of those). And you can have all my Foma film for free ;-)

12. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh I covet nice prints. Something that really shows imagination and full use of the medium. That's what I look out for.

Film... got plenty of pretty much everything, from panatomic x to EIR to polaroid 665.