Amazingly cheap Kodak E100G 120 film!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by munz6869, Dec 19, 2007.

1. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    A heads up, Melbourne Apug-ers, I popped into Vanbar, Carlton, today, and they were selling 120 E100G (exp 12/08 & 12/09) in 4 boxes of 5 (ie 20 rolls) for AU$49.05 each. That's AU$2.45 per roll!! If you need a fine grain E6 film for the festive season, this seems extraordinarily cheap. I asked the counter staff about it, and they said "Kodak offered us a deal...".

I'm sure it won't last long though...

Cheerio, Marc

2. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info. I don't know much about this film. Can you or somebody else please describe it more? I will probably be in Vanbar tomorrow or Saturday.

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Kevin:

Try an advanced gallery search using "E100G" here on APUG. You'll come up with some images that are actually the E100GX film (higher contrast and slightly brighter colours) but the search results should give you a good idea.

If you check my gallery here, the moss covered tree is E100GX.

It is good film.

Matt

4. paul ewins

paul ewins Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Marc, I picked some up today. I have also benefited in the past when Kodak has "done a deal" with Vanbar although that was sheet film. It seems to be Kodak's way of clearing their warehouse of excess stock. I'm not sure what the story is this time, because the ones I bought were dated 06/2009 so they aren't exactly old. There were still ten or fifteen bundles left on the counter.