"American Photo" magazine

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by wheelygirl, Aug 16, 2007.

1. wheelygirl

wheelygirl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Howdy to one & all!:smile:
    I just bought a copy of the "Special Issue" of "American Photo Photography Rocks"--all I could say is, "I didn't know he was a photographer, too!!" speaking of the rock musicians featured in the Portfolio section of the magazine, such as Lenny Kravitz, Graham Nash, and one of my favorites, Bryan Adams. Very kewl!!:D Only 2 females:sad: listed: Patti Smith & Melissa Auf Der Maur. Tis, indeed, better than none!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  2. THardy

THardy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd like to see it, but my sub lapsed. A "dude" came by the house selling magazines a while back for college money or something. We didn't want to give him a check or anything with personal info on it, so I gave him cash and told him to renew my sub to American Photo.

I thought I saw a sly grin on his face when he left. Probably funded his weekend drinking binge.

Well, he screwed others who frequent this neighborhood selling stuff, at least at my house.

3. sionnac

sionnac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I saw Patti Smith's Polaroids at a tiny gallery in Jamaica Plain (MA) a few years ago - they were Land Camera images, really beautiful work.