Amon Carter Museum

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by lee, Dec 22, 2007.

1. lee

lee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    David Brown and I had lunch yesterday in a soul food cafe here in Ft Worth and then decided to see this show.

http://www.cartermuseum.org/node/746

Frank Gohlke is a photographer and professor. Pretty much a large format guy. Originally from Wichita Falls, TX. This show had a lot of images in B/W from his home town. I thought it most interesting when he had photographed the aftermath of a Category 5 Tornado and then came back a year later and made the same photo again from the same tripod holes as it were. I really liked how he was able to make landscape photographs that were different from what Ansel and Weston made. These were more like urban landscapes. I liked how he dealt with the elements that the barren landscapes presented him. It might not be everyones cup of tea but they were to me very nice.

lee\c

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the reminder Lee, still have not made over there and see there is still time.

Glad to hear your thoughts (as always) - his work is indeed worth of mention.

4. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When it comes up to Andover, MA maybe some of us NE-APUG'ers should make it a point to go and see the show. Thanks for the heads up Lee.

gene