an american in holland

Discussion in 'Fotogenieke plekken' started by eddie gunks, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie gunks

eddie gunks Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    hello my dutch friends,

i usually hang out over in the english forums as i can not read or write dutch.....but i know that the dutch are the best no native english speakers in the world so i thought i could get away with a bit of english here.

i will be arriving in holland on the 17th and leaving on the 24th. i will be staying in utrecht. i plan to maybe hit rotterdam. maybe somewhere else as well. i will be shooting my f100 and chamonix 4x5. if any one wants to meet for some shooting or just some coffee/beer this would be great.

send me a pm as well.

see you all in a couple of weeks.

cheers

eddie

2. gandolfi

gandolfi Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    hmmm.
    I beg to differ...:wink:

3. mhulsman

mhulsman Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    We will see you at the fotografica in Houten the 22th.

4. Jed Freudenthal

Jed Freudenthal Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I assume, this will be the 17 th of November, just twelve days from now. The fair in Houten is on the 22 nd, but not in November (as far as I am aware of). But, sincer you are staying in Utrecht, you might as well stop by. I am living only 8 miles from the city of Utrecht. I could give you my phone number via a PM.

Jed

5. kraker

kraker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    :confused::confused: Jed, the fair IS in Houten on November 22nd.

6. JBoontje

JBoontje Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I really hope you are lucky enough to catch some good weather, everything will be twice as much fun.
    I honestly dont think there will be lots of sun in the period you are visiting The Netherlands, November is always a gray/rainy month.

You should really visit Amsterdam, its a great city with lots of tourist attractions (BOATS!) but its also a great city to go shopping, visit a coffee shop, the red light district, etc.
    Maybe you should visit Kinderdijk as well, which is 15km from Rotterdam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinderdijk

Enjoy your stay, and have fun. I wont be anywhere near Utrecht anytime soon though :wink:

7. argentic

argentic Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Sorry mensen, maar ik geloof niet dat de tweede helft van deze thread ook maar iets te maken heeft met analoog of met fotografie. Ik denk ook niet dat hij bijdraagt aan de goede sfeer op Apug. Ik stop hem dus bij deze. Degenen die Eddie op een normale manier willen ontvangen kunnen een nieuwe thread opstarten of hem een PM sturen.

Cursing isn't a suitable Apug topic. So I block this thread.
    Those who want to welcome Eddie in a normal manner can start a new thread or send him a PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.