An Ebayer to watch

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Donald Miller, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The following Ebay seller is someone to watch. I bought five lens boards for my camera and sent payment via Postal Money Order. The lens boards were not shipped and when I questioned him he responded with the vilest most vulgar email that I have ever received.

Oaklanlenscom.

The sellers
    <name removed by jd callow> located in Auburn Hills Mi. 48336.

Deal with this person only at your own peril.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2006
  2. glennfromwy

glennfromwy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just received a 77mm filter from him, after a bit of emailing and a month of waiting.

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hmmm.... Postal Money Order. That makes it a postal offense - big problem for him. Time to get the Postmaster involved.

4. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for posting this Donald..

jan

5. paul ewins

paul ewins Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    That's a worry, I'm waiting for a yellow Aero-Ektar filter from him. It was only $15, but I want the filter! As it is coming via regular mail I've got no real recourse if it doesn't show.

6. FrankB

FrankB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Paul,

If you paid by credit card then try contacting your provider. I'm doing this with Mastercard over a "goods not turning up" situation with another vendor; early days, but they're assuring me I'll get my money back.

(Hope your filter turns up, though!)

Best regards,

Frank

7. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    hey, we have quite a few members in the Detroit area, maybe they can form a posse and go give that guy an attitude adjustment for Donald!

8. noseoil

noseoil Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Donald, Robert is correct. Since you used a postal money order, it has become a federal issue. Contact your local postal inspector and start the ball rolling. It might take a while, but the feds are always slow and thorough. If it is a simple case of fraud, you can have a large piece of his a$$ for fun and he will wish he had never been rude or greedy. Sorry to hear about the problem. Chin up buddy. tim

9. Michael W

Michael W Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There are some creeps selling on ebay who try to get away with not sending stuff in the hope that the buyer will do nothing. However there are some things you can do to make life difficult for him.
    I had a situation once where a guy in America wouldn't send something to me in Australia. I found that ebay isn't really set up to protect the buyer & they don't make it easy, I had to search around a lot, but finally I discovered some form they have where you can report someone as a "non conforming seller". After I did this a few days later he suddenly decided to send me the 45 after all.
    So I suggest you do this as well as the postal thing.

10. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Want me to pay him a "visit"?

:smile:

B.

11. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I found out from some folks on LF Forum who have had prior dealings with him that he is not a reputable person. I am trying to get Ebay involved and will contact the postal people. He is pretty mentally imbalanced from what he writes in his emails...both to me and to others.

To top it off his boards do not fit from what others have said.

Anyone have a source for Wisner boards other than Richard Ritter? Not that I have a problem with R.Ritter. I would llke to have a choice if possible.

12. rwyoung

rwyoung Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think you ment to say:

"Youse wants me to pay him a 'visit', boss?"

:wink:

13. SteveH

SteveH Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'll be back in Detroit next month...Ain't nothing I can't fix. Besides. I'll still have my badge and gun 'till January 26th...

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good lord, we've turned into the APUG Mafia?? :smile:
    So who's Tony Soprano around here then? Sean?

16. Amund

Amund Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Damn, I must be I lucky. I got a lensboard from him a few weeks back... And it fits the camera.Looks rough, but does what it`s supposed to do.

17. Terence

Terence Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an order for three boards in with him now. I guess I'll see how it goes. I paid through Paypal via credit card, so I'll be keeping a sharp on the calendar.

Thanks for the warning. Sounded too good to be true, but who knows, it could work out fine, right [said while get on knees and clasping hands]?

Anyone know anyone who comes even close in price? I've gotten a bit tired of my tempered hardboard ghetto boards on my nice old cameras, and don't have the room or patience to start making my own nice ones.

18. Bromo33333

Bromo33333 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    APUG mafia in action:
    "Vinnie and me, we don't wants to hurt you, we just wants to take yer picture."

"Hey! That's a Leica youse just mishandled. Don't make me take a picture of you with my Holga!"

19. kb244

kb244 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do we rob banks with 12 gauge 4x5 speed graflexs?

20. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I hope it works out for you Donald. It isn't the money, but the principle of the thing.

21. kb244

kb244 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I read the guys entire feedback history ( % wise he doesn't have that many negatives )

The guy does not seem like someone to intentionally scam someone, but rather has two major flaws for a seller.

1) Prompt shipping or shipping pratices (either forgets to ship, or procrastinates and so forth)
    2) Poor communication skills, based on feedback even positive ones, communications is lacking either in response time, or even in acknowledgement.

Also judging on feedback, does not handle criticism well, usually if someone complains bout an item not as described, the most common retort is "high maintanance buyer"

22. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format

I have to say, I have ran into some "High Maintenance Sellers" over the years as well!

LOL
    :tongue:

Dave

23. kb244

kb244 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually not, a postal money order is like most other money orders, its money tied into an order to the addressee. As such the money was still intended to get to the seller, and for the seller to even cash the money order would not be a federal offense.

However if he does cash the money order, it allows for the buyer a record that the seller did indeed take money for the said item, which can be used in a civil claim that the item paid for needs to get to the buyer.

24. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes, however since he paid by money order that means he probably sent it via US mail as well - that is more than enough to get the postal inspector involved. I've followed this route myself, and I know it works.

25. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually Karl,

The postal inspector will investigate a non-delivery on a purchase paid for with a USPS money order as a case of mail fraud, I have had to start a couple of these investigations in the past year and they are very quick in getting things solved, just the threat of USPS fraud often times will get the seller to clean his/her act up...

Dave

26. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes, I've had a seller purchase an item at retail for me after I made a complaint to the Post Office - even after he had applied for personal bankruptcy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.