Analog magazines

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by reverend jay, Aug 21, 2008.

1. reverend jay

reverend jay Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Has anyone come across any analog photography magazines lately. Obviously the market for it has dwindled but I've given up on the regulars out there because they all just cater to digital and you can find that stuff anywhere if you want. I can't even really find any websites out there anymore dedicated to film other than APUG.
    I love photo magazines but even shutterbug doesn't write about film anymore.
    What say you?

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There's Silvershotz, Lenswork publishes a lot of digital, but a lot of film based work too. The UK Black and White magazine is about 1/2 and 1/2, and there's Vew Camera Magazine.

3. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is a very long thread on APUG about UK Black and White Photography, and it is mainly concerned with the digital/film balance in the magazine. I am a subscriber and I think the balance is maybe 60/40 in favour of film.

4. hal9000

hal9000 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I like PRIVAT very much, a b/w analog magazine, the issues are often interestingly themed and the style tends toward gritty.

5. Patzer

Patzer Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If one is talking Film "gear", it is pretty limited. UK B&W, Photo Technique, View Camera, Shutterbug alittle. non-gear, there is still quit abit, though seldom "exclusively" film only. Lenswork of course, Aperture/Focus type mags for collectors, Nature Photographer, and scattering amongst others. Outdoor Photography has a fair amount, (but all the adds are digitally oriented).

6. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Aren't all magazines analog?

Jeff

7. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Unless they are internet based, then they are all digital :wink: