analyser pro and VC cold light head

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by mitch brown, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mitch brown

mitch brown Subscriber

Apr 25, 2006
    4x5 Format
    let re ask this question as i got no replys is there anyone useing the analyser pro ansd a VC cold light head with ilford multigrade iv fiber paper that could supply me with some setting for the pro i just got a used one but it had no calibration strips with it an i would like to try it out befor i buy a new cal kit from rh designs.
  2. RJS

RJS Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Southern Cal
    Multi Format
    I am using exactly the combination you are. I'll be glad to help any way I can, but I'm not sure I know what you mean by 'calibration strips'. I think the manual for the timer describes "customizing" the timer for all kinds of paper, with the settings RH Designs have found. On their web site they have a place for people to enter the values they have found for their particular setup. I feel sure Richard at RH Designs would be happy to send you a manual if you don't have and it isn't on their web site. I am using an Aristo cold with their V54 tube - it is extremely fast and, I believe a bit easier to work with than the older one which requires, I believe, additional yellow filtration. If you go to the Aristo site they have, or had the last time I looked, an article about filtration using the older tube. Take a look.

If you further questions I can help with please don't hesitate to e-mail me at I have trouble sometimes with the apug pm and don't always look at it anyway. By the way, where are you located?