Anamorphosis, Anamorphic Cylindrical Lens Paintings and Making Similar Camera ?

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Mustafa Umut Sarac, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I am looking for your ideas to make a camera and lens or mirror exactly replicates below paintings :

Vera Bugatti

Vera-Bugatti-Anamorphic-portrait-mirror.jpg

Istvan Orosz

757px-Anamorph_with_column0.jpg

And an forgotten painter

511Fpszuv-L.jpg

I have posted an article on a russian research thesis on anamorphic lens design history,methodologies,toric,ellipsoid,cylindrical lens design , their aberrations in to articles section.

May be if We can reach a common point on the raw shape of lens or mirror or box , We can go in to the calculations. I want quality and I want to keep pinhole is a later exit but may be its large depth of field is better for get a all clear image but I am open to every ideas.

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  2. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I have just thought , an camera lens which focuses the image on to cylinder mirror and a photographic paper under the mirror can do something. I dont know how to calculate the curves , focal lenghts or image size and full sharpness.

I have extremelly sharp and extremelly heavy Kodak Fluro Ektar 111mm f:1.5. For using 8x10 or bigger paper at the bottom of the cylinder mirror , what would be the cylinder height and diameter ? What about lens and mirror distance? What about the final image all sharpness ? Is pinhole a must or lenses are usable ?

Umut

3. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Final word , how can we formulate the working of mirrors , lenses , film , paper sizes , distances , image sharpness , image size . I really would like to get your attention to build a foundation .

Thank you,

Umut

4. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I thought these are achieved from perspective viewpoint and have nothing to do with lens design.