Andrea Modica to speak at PRC, Boston

Discussion in 'New England' started by SuzanneR, Nov 27, 2006.

1. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Scroll down a bit on the link below, Thursday, December 7, at 7pm at Boston University's Photographic Resource Center.

I did a workshop with her a couple summer's ago in Maine. She is a portrait photographer who works with an old 8x10 camera, and makes pt/pd prints. She has I think 5 published books. She's a lot of fun to listen to, and a very interesting photographer.

I plan to go! Hope a few other's will come, too!

http://www.bu.edu/prc/programs.htm

2. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmmm, thursday night...I'll have to check the calendar to see what the wife has planned for me. For a portrait photog...sounds very interesting.

3. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    She spoke and did a workshop on a grant here in Akron a couple of years ago. Great presenter, great photographer, great printer. If price is an indicator of quality (and that could start a huge argument), she got $2,000 a print then. I watched one buyer build a nine picture square of her work.

When asked if she would shoot anything larger than 8x10, she laughed, saying that when her first marriage broke up she bought an 11x14 camera as her midlife crises whim. It was doubly funny because looking at her you 35mm would be about right. I doubt that she weighs more that 110 pounds in winter clothes.

Go if you can. Wish I could be there.

John Powers