1. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    went to an opening tonight at the new Leica Gallery here in los angeles. Andy Summers; the guitarist from the police has been photographing for a long time. he has a show; book and gave a nice talk. it's worth seeing
    Best, Peter

2. drumlin

drumlin Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Didn't He and Stewart Copeland produce a book consisting of photos of their antics while touring? I seem to remember seeing it in the rare section of Powells books several years ago. Great material and a well presented book as well.

Still one of my favorite bands...

3. MSchuler

MSchuler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I vaguely recall hearing an interview with Stewart Copeland many years ago in which he talked about friction between the band members and, if I recall correctly, he used the example of Sting being upset because Andy had taken all of the eggs for some sort of photographic project.

4. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great guitarist and pretty good street photographer, see online gallery

5. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can't see anything about his work I think is "good" in a photographic context, except the fact they were taken by Andy Summers the former Police guitarist, if Joe Bloggs had shot them they would be completely unremarkable.

6. momus

momus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I looked at that link, and have to admit they're not shots that I would exhibit. But then I'm not an ex guitarist of a famous defunct musical group, so he has a leeedle marketing edge on me. Different strokes for different folks. Hey, go w/ what you got! I've seen a LOT worse.

There's a gallery called the Leica Gallery? I better keep my big mouth shut. OK, I'll say it anyway. Wadda you expect?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013