another airport x-ray thread

Discussion in 'Exposure Discussion' started by samcomet, Aug 31, 2010.

1. samcomet

samcomet Subscriber

Feb 4, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Just to add yet another thread on the continuing discussions about carry-on-baggage x-ray scanners; I just came through Berlin airport with Kodak T-Max 3200, Ilford Delta 3200 and was so tired of arguing for hand inspections that I just let them pass thru the machine. One roll was in a metal body Bessa R2A and had been shot/exposed but not yet processed (obviously) and 2 other rolls in plastic containers were unexposed. In Paris I processed all after shooting with the 2 in plastic containers and I can see NO discernible fogging on any of the 3 rolls of film (image area, frame lines and sprocket area). Just FYI. Cheers, sam :cool:
  2. Brian Puccio

Brian Puccio Member

Feb 6, 2010
    35mm RF
    Flew NYC to Dusseldorf to Vienna, then Salzburg to Berlin, then Berlin to Dusseldorf and back to NYC. Got a hand check leaving NYC, no other airports would offer me one, so my film got zapped (all of it in a lead bag, which probably did nothing since you could see each film canister on the x-ray machine) four times. All of it 35mm, most of it Provia (100F, 400x and 400x pushed to 1600), some Velvia and some Adox CMS 20, plus 5 rolls of Kodachrome. It all looks OK.