Another custom shooting table

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by GeoBlanc, Aug 5, 2004.

1. GeoBlanc

GeoBlanc Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hello everyone,

I'm a new member and would like to share my design for another style of shooting table. I really like the one Flotsam posted.

I made mine out of 3/4" EMT Conduit. Table top in the photo measures 48"x48" can be fitted with glass, plexi or wood. There are three height adjustments (12", 21", 37") by way of removing leg sections, or any other height by simply cutting new leg lenghts. The back is a little over 7' tall and is fully adjustable from 90 to 180 deg. I installed castors on the back legs to make it easier to move around. The table folds down flat in 5mins with the help of a screwdriver.

-George

Attached Files:

2. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello George, welcome to APUG. The table looks rather professional!
    Hans

3. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Welcome, Your table looks like it could double for ping pong. Good luck with it and enjoy the site.

4. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

It looks like we both had the same features in mind when we approached the project, multiple heights, roomy table top, freestanding, lightweight. I see from your intro that we share a background of working in commercial studios. Looks like we came to the same conclusions for what would make a better, more convenient shooting table. I really like your design and construction choices.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the galleries.

5. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wouldn't ya know, a foldup ping pong table works just fine, got one in the basement and happened to think of it when kayakerguy came to visit and play with the LF gear. Performed like a champ.:smile: