Another late introduction.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by wiseowl, Apr 25, 2004.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi All,

I like to start by echoing comments made by others that it's great to have a site dedicated to traditional photographic techniques. Like many, computers play a huge part of my life, both at work and home so it's nice to be able to get away from them and get the scent of fresh fixer in my nostrils. (Almost, I use an old laptop as an enlarger timer! but I don't think that counts.)

I got the bug while still in school, the chemistry teacher ran a photography club on friday lunchtimes and it was a good way of staying warm in the winter. When I saw my first print come up in the developer I was hooked.

I still have loads to learn, it seems the more I find out the less I know. My prints aren't as good as they could/should be, I'm sure that by posting questions here and reading other posts I'll improve. In fact I already have.

I nearly forgot to add some geographical details, I live in South Wales just west of Cardiff.

Thanks to all

Martin

2. roy

roy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome wiseowl. Do you get up to Snowdonia much ?

3. naaldvoerder

naaldvoerder Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Welcome wiseowl,

I have lived in Pembroke for a while. Is that near you?

JJ

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the welcomes.

Roy, to my shame I've never so much as seen Snowdon let alone been up it.

JJ, In the great scheme of things Pembroke isn't that far away, I guess about 30 40 miles.

Cheers

Martin

5. roy

roy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format

6. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Snowdonia is a great area for photography - at least for someone who isn't lucky enough to live in Norway :wink:

Last time I was there, my camera broke down on day one. I spent a week doing sketches...