Another Lurker Comes To The Surface

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Mark Wangerin, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Mark Wangerin

Mark Wangerin Member

Hello,
    I have been a lurker here for quite awhile and decided it was probably time to become legal.

I live in Southern California and I am a full time portrait/commercial photographer who does a great deal of work on 8x10, 5x7 as well as 4x5. I have a small collection of vintage lenses that I prefer to use in the creation of my portraits. My films of choice are Kodak TriX, PlusX, Portra 100T and the usual Portra NC series of Kodak portrait films.

I do a good deal of my work in the studio with vintage fresnel lights and I prefer a strong chiaroscuro treatment for a good portion of my work. I am also a traditional retouch artist for both negative as well as print but do a great deal of shooting on film then retouch in Photoshop more and more.

It's nice to be here and I am hoping to learn a great deal more and become a better photorapher by studying and by mere inspiration through many of the excellent Artists' work I see displayed here.

Mark

2. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I"ve always enjoyed Glamour light, You've done a great job with it. I'm a southern Ca. person also. Good luck and enjoy the sight.

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hey, Mark. Good to see you over here. What happened to the portrait forum on your website?

4. Mark Wangerin

Mark Wangerin Member

Thank you Thomas,

David,
    Thanks. At some point the forum will return in some incarnation, but right now I don't have the time to nurse the site. Forums are labor intensive.

I'm still learning my way around here so at some point I want to post some new work.

5. blansky

blansky Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome Mark.

Michael McBlane

6. Mark Wangerin

Mark Wangerin Member

Thomas, David and Michael,
    Thank you for welcoming me.
    Forgive me though, I'm in the wrong place.
    Best Regards,
    Mark

7. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh come on!! Don't run off!! It's ok if you aren't from the UK! People will welcome you anyway! :D
    Jeanette

8. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mark,
    I always get that feeling of being in the wrong place. But not here, this is a good place to be. So welcome to the site and enjoy.
    gene

9. Mark Wangerin

Mark Wangerin Member

Thank you, Papa Gene.