Another new camera for Instax mini film

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by Henning Serger, May 27, 2014.

1. Henning Serger

Henning Serger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    But for Instax wide - nothing. Only ugly standard cameras :sad:. This I don't understand - so many cameras for mini, and for wide that is a great film size - almost nothing.

3. mweintraub

mweintraub Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I want more options for the Wide format too

4. Axle

Axle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Agreed! If this had been for Instax wide or even Impossible Film I would've jumped on it.

But still an instax camera with a decent level of control, go Lomography!

5. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    But for the Inpossible films there is the SX-70 camera.
    Unless one needs multi exposure.

6. TomNY

TomNY Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've read on various other forums that mini film far outsells wide and that the smaller cameras are apparently very popular with the younger set. I also might have considered something like this for wide film. Since I found a Polaroid 250 in my father-in-laws closet I've been using 100C and 3000B. The camera had been sitting in there for 31 years and works beautifully after I made the battery mod. I am so sorry they discontinued the 1000B, I really enjoy that film.

7. horacekenneth

horacekenneth Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I can't believe the support! They raised two to three times their goal in the first day! It's day two and they've raised four times their goal now.

8. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes! And already all those features exists (bulb, multiple exposure, fisheye...) if you use Diana F with instax mini back.

9. patois

patois Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    They are well above 500k now. I'd love to hate on Lomography and Instax Mini but I can find Mini film locally quite easily. Their ability to raise so much $$$ speaks to what hype can do for the instant film market.

10. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    INSTAX instant film is a smashing success for Fujifilm. Easily THE most common film I see in the stores, by far. I can't remember the last time I saw any 35mm film in the store, but INSTAX is available almost at will here in Asia. A real shame that the wide version of this film is not as popular. It is really a very sharp and well saturated film.

11. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I see a fair amount of Instax around here as well. Strangely, it tends to be found with the digital cameras, whereas traditional film is in the photofinishing department.

12. Axle

Axle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yep, Instax film is fairly plentiful here in Ontario!

I have decided to back this project, and put enough money to get my own Black edition of the camera, and in addition to that I was contacted by Lomography (they've done an article on my work before) to even test the camera!

Looking forward to this!!

13. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I see the INSTAX Neo 90 everywhere. It appears that this camera is a huge hit as well for Fujifilm. I'm tempted to pick up one of these.

14. Rastor

Rastor Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    I also backed for a black one. I've been having fun with an Instax mini 50S but really looking forward to having manual controls.

15. Marisamoon

Marisamoon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You never go short on the instax mini films. That's reassuring

16. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not to coast too off topic but...I would be a bit more excited if Instax film required a negative, like the peel apart films or Impossible films, so that they supported more film manufacturing...afaik, Instax is purely a chemical process.

17. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It employs a negative.

As other integral colour instant films do so.

18. Axle

Axle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Okay, so I finally had the chance to take it out for a spin, and what do you know, I love this camera! Still working out some of the nuances, especially the various modes, and how it shoots under different conditions. I can see myself carrying this around more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Ezzie

Ezzie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got the limited Edition, even if I changed my pledge to a San Remo version. But no problem, same camera, different colour scheme. It is fun to use, but the results are not onpar with the Fuji Mini 50 (my children have one each). The lens is typical toy camera, and vignettes considerably. Also very un-sharp off centre, and has considerable pin cushion distortion. But I rather like it none the less. Manual controls (f8 to f32). 1/60s or bulb. Flash or no flash. Multiple exposures, no problem. Tripod mount (portrait orientation). Threaded release cable socket. Close focusing down to under 0.4m. And of course additional lens adapters to be had. Kit came with close focus lens and gels for flash, quick guide, and a set of example shots with exposure tips. All in all a nice package.

A few examples:

[​IMG]Nyhavn by Eirik0304, on Flickr

[​IMG]Smena Symbol by Eirik0304, on Flickr