Another Newbie & "wanted"

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Philip Taylor, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi, I too have been on APUG for a few years now but haven't been around for a while so the Aus forum is new to me too.

Worked for a Photographer in Tas & as photog for Flemings nurseries a while back but now I'm finishing my science degree at RMIT in Melb in scientific Photography and considering honours next year.

I own Nikon digital (I know taboo word here, but in science you use the right tool for the job - sometimes that's digital) equipment, Pentax 35mm & Linhof Kardan 4x5 but use a whole lot more (read: to expensive for me to buy) depending on the application.

Just as a side note: I'm after a cheap (or free:smile:) TLR - can be damaged. I want it to make a 120/220 motorized strip/streak camera so I don't need the crank system to work - I'll do that myself. Just needs a lens (can be fixed) but shutter doesn't need to work & prism working. Otherwise a cheap 220 roll film back for the Linhof Kardan would do the trick. I know it's not too likely here but thought I'd throw it out there!

I'll try to spend a bit more time here after mid year assessments are over!

-Phil

2. Wyno

Wyno Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Welcome to the forum Phil.
    Can't help you with the equipment, unfortunately, but if you want to come to the LF meeting at the Hawthorn rowing club that Mick Fagan has organised for Saturday 13th June, someone else may be able to help you with some of it. There is another thread about the meeting here on the OZ forum.
    Hope to see you there.
    Mike

3. Ian David

Ian David Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    G'day Phil
    Welcome to the Aus forum!
    Sorry I cannot help you with the gear either...
    Ian

4. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the forum, Phillip.

5. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome, Phil. Sorry, I can't help you either, but I'm sure somebody here will be able to.

6. Glenn Mathison

Glenn Mathison Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from me as well Phil. Like you perhaps, I've been absent form APUG for just a while but getting active again now.

What about ebay for the bits you're after or perhaps the Photographic Trader magazine, plenty of old stuff in there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009