Another quickload question....

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by jayvo86, Jun 26, 2012.

1. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There seems to be a lot of conflicting info on quickload film being available.

The shelves here in Japan are oozing Fuji quickload film. Is this exclusive to Japan?

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It'll be like Kodachrome withdrawn from overseas markets first and the remainder sold in the home market while existing stocks last.

Ian

3. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When was the official discontinuation of quickload? Seems odd that there would be so much fresh quickload. There wasn't even a notice about "while supplies last."

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They've been gradually disappearing from various markets as stocks ru out rather, there were announcements that they were being discontinued here in the UK a year or two ago.

You're seing only small amounts relative to the global market.

Ian

5. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For the most part, yes.

6. mhcfires

mhcfires Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I wish Fuji had a better distribution system. I really miss the Acros QL and the FP100b Fujiroid B&W. The stuff seemed to suddenly disappear from the shelves.

7. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fuji have a very good distribution systems but when products are no longer made then items get withdrawn from some areas before others. It's termed phased withdrawal.

There's nothing stopping you from buying from a Japanese supplier, except possibly the language. Don't worry we learnt a long time ago foreigners understand if you speak louder :D

Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  8. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If Acros QL were still being made and available here that would be reason enough for me to get a QL holder. But it isn't, so I'm not. :sad:

9. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm probably just going to stick with sheet film in the end. Across in QL is about 5 bucks a shot and standard sheet is about 2 bucks a shot.

10. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought a quickload in hope to use QL films, but it sounds i did a big mistake.

11. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well...if you'd like me to ship you a case, let me know.

12. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What case do you have?

13. Discoman

Discoman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Pretty interesting. Perhaps the OP could make some extra money selling quick loads to people outside of Japan. I'd buy some, if I had the extra money and didn't have several boxes of film waiting for me to use.

14. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not really interested in starting up a business, but if a fellow APUGer want's some quickload, I wouldn't mind working out some sort of deal.

I haven't actually bought any quickload for myself. However, if you name your flavor, I can buy as much as you want. Last I checked they had tons of color neg and chrome. They had some Fuji Across, but a bunch had been bought. I image they will re-stock soon. (I can also get Across from a closer store too.)

Just let me know what you are interested in and how much you would like.

15. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The only QL i will be interested in will be Acros and Velvia [50 and 100, not 100F], color neg will be difficult to use as the lab telling me they will not process less than 10 sheets at once, and i don't think i will shoot that much in short time, they can process slide even 1-2 sheets, and i do B&W at home and ready for color yet, difficult to get the chemicals for color.

16. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Let me drop by the store and see what they have. There website is giving me mixed signals.

Last time I checked they had Across, Astia, and Pro160s. They MAY have had Velvia 50, but I'm not sure.

I'll let you know.

17. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Good, but i hope that time i will have budget as i am broke right now, but i will be recovered sooner or later this month or next, so hope by that time the QLs you will search will be around.

Thanks.

18. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bic Camera is selling Across quickload for $110 dollars. (20)

19. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Whee-eew! NO THANKS!

$5.50 a sheet for black and white 4x5? Um...I'll deal with the occasional dust speck, thankewverymuch. Now if it were half that price it would still be a lot, but might be worth it.

20. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have no idea why it's costs so much. A box of Across here is about $38 for 20.

Honestly, I buy my film in bulk from BH unless it's a really good deal.

(I bought 120 TMAX 100 5 pack for a buck less than online yesterday....bought the whole shelf.)

21. Discoman

Discoman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    That...is an amazing price. The best I could find is a place selling Velvia for $90 a box for quick loads.
    Didn't Fuji bring back velvia 50 because enough people started asking?
    Maybe we should all start requesting that Fuji offer quick loads again. They could just sell them through their website instead of dealers in other countries. Might allow the prices to be lower, which would mean that even more people might pick up quick loads.
    Just a thought.
    As soon as I have a lot of extra money I'm gonna have to see if I can buy a box or two of velvia 50 QL from you.
    It's the development fees that always get me.

22. jayvo86

jayvo86 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll need to check and see if Yodobashi has it in stock tomorrow.