Ansel Adams Exhibit - Springfield Ohio

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Bruce, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Bruce

Bruce Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    All

There is a exhibit of Ansel Adams prints at the Springfield Ohio Art museum from Feb 14- May 11. Over 70 prints will be displayed.

Bruce

2. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is it the Museum Set? Laostyle17 and I saw the set owned by his daughter at a show near Chicago a couple years ago. Wonderful. Not to be missed if you live anywhere near.

3. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is the museum set. A link to the show: http://www.springfieldart.museum/?exhibition=classic-images-photographs-by-ansel-adams. The link says the exhibit was coordinated by the Peoria Riverfront Museum, which presented a larger AA exhibit last year. The Peoria exhibit was curated by AA's daughter-in-law, not daughter, and included memorabilia such as his Deardorff with 10" Ektar wide field, notebooks, original early prints, etc. It was certainly worth the 600 mile round trip overnight visit.

4. ME Super

ME Super Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I saw the Peoria exhibit. I believe it was called "Western Exposure." It was very good and even had some of Adams' color work. Adams'work in B&W is very good IMHO.