Ansel Adams Exhibit w/lecture by Michael Adams

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by images39, Apr 29, 2012.

1. images39

images39 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Went to this Ansel Adams exhibit last night, which was complemented with a lecture by his son, Micheal Adams:

http://www.cedarhurst.org/index.php...t01date=&cntnt01lang=en_US&cntnt01returnid=15

This was the third Adams exhibit that I've seen, and it was a great one, with 72 prints on display. They were all prints that he made for his daughter. I can't imagine any Adams exhibit being much better. The prints were well displayed and properly lit (another exhibit I saw was too dimly lit). The prints were in moderate sizes, without the huge prints I've seen in another exhibit (I find they start to lose something when printed huge).

Hearing Michael Adams speak, I felt like I was experiencing a bit of history. Very rewarding. The exhibit, in the small Illinois town of Mt. Vernon, is open til May 6th.

Dale

2. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks Dale for the write up and heads up, just mapquest'd it, 6 hours away, dont think I am going to make it! Dang!

3. images39

images39 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Andy,

Yes, six hour's drive would be a bit tough... it was only 90 minutes for me, coming from St. Louis. The drive back was suspenseful, as there were tornado warnings with lightning and driving rain in the darkness. My daughter was terrified in the back seat! We were happy to get back home, but it was all worth it for an impressive exhibit and talk by Mr. Adams.

Dale

4. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I want to see one on Uncle Earl!:wink::D

5. andrew.roos

andrew.roos Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It sounds wonderful. I would go if I possibly could!