Any info on Kodak Elite Fine Art paper

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Paul Cocklin, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Paul Cocklin

Paul Cocklin Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I visited my local camera store today to pick up some more 11x14 trays and some film, and while perusing though the paper wall I found an old pack of this paper, 10 sheets of 11x14. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this paper. It's listed as S3 High Lustre. Specifically, I was wondering how it would both lith and also whether it was any good for bromoil. I'll do a test sheet of it tonight or tomorrow, but any info on what I should expect would be appreciated. Also, I know that Kodak doesn't make paper anymore. How long ago did they stop making this particular paper?

Thanks
    Paul

2. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    This paper lith's incredibly well and very different from most papers.
    I seem to remember it requires a lot of exposure to get what you need.

3. mcd

mcd Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It is silver gelatin paper, and its old.

4. Paul Cocklin

Paul Cocklin Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Bob, that's good news! I've got several negs in mind already that I'd like to lith bigger than 8x10, so this should be fun. The store had 4 more packs, though frankly I thought it was a little overpriced ($25 for a 10 pack of 11x14) for such an out of date paper with no guarantee of being without fog. I'll try a couple of sheets tonight, and if the paper looks like it's still in good shape, I may buy the other 4 packs anyway, just to have a bigger lith paper.

5. pgomena

pgomena Member

I would think you would be in a good position to haggle with the man at the cash register. That paper must be close to 5 years past date.

Peter Gomena

6. sun of sand

sun of sand Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format