Any Jobo Users out there for some help pls?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by dwdmguy, Sep 8, 2009.

1. dwdmguy

dwdmguy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Good morning.

Since I've had my ATL-2300 I've been always seeing a "streak" stright down the middle of my developed roll.
    No I generally use the large take, and fill to the documented 850ml.

Development is nice and even. No problems execpt the streak, almost like a continuous smudge down the middle. Does not show in scanning as far as I can see.

Any ideas please?
    Thanks

2. L Gebhardt

L Gebhardt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've never seen this using an ATL 2000 or the smaller CPP. What tank and reel are you using? What format? What chems? Is it visible when you pull the film from the reel, or just after drying?

3. q2q@tds.net

q2q@tds.net Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    If we're talking 'down the middle' as running the entire length of the film (as oppossed to across the frame), I'd look for something I was doing while loading or drying. Do you wipe film down? Is the film rubbing across a rough knuckle or ring will loading? Did all this film come from the same bulk roll?
    It doesn't sound like a problem with development.

Jack

4. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is that the six reel tank? You're doing one roll in the six reel tank? Or multiple reels?

5. dwdmguy

dwdmguy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you very much for taking the time with your help.

Well, you hit it. I'm sure it's when I "finger dry" after I apply the stabilizer.
    I'm positive that's it.

Should I simply drip dry, i.e., don't touch it before it goes into the film drying cabinet?

Thank you all again.
    Tom

6. L Gebhardt

L Gebhardt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    You should be able to just hang it to dry. If you get any marks this way, use distilled water to mix up the stabilizer. Put a tray under it to catch the drips.

7. domaz

domaz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You shouldn't touch the stabilizer at all with your fingers. It's toxic, maybe not terribly so but not something to mess around with.