Any US source with Forte PW-17 in 8x10 or 11x14 actually on hand?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by cao, Jan 6, 2006.

1. cao

cao Member

Oct 5, 2004
    I have been looking about until my eyeballs are bleeding. I've not had any luck trying to track down a source for the Forte's ivory base, museum weight, semi gloss paper. I'm casting about looking for something with a Portriga-ish look, and I wanted to try this. I picked up some rebadged PWT from FreeStyle, but that turned out to be a double weight with a bright white base which while not a bad paper was not at all what I was after. Does anyone have a clue for me?
  2. herb

herb Subscriber

Jan 22, 2005
    Medium Format

I am on a similar excursion, for Forte "cold tone"- Omega Satter is their US
    importer of record, and the Forte web site lists their cold tone paper, Bromofort. I think the best solution is to either buy Forte from a retail shop in Hungary, pay the freight, and go on down the road.

The alternative is to convince the importer to stock or special order what you need; that is a possiblility, i.e. get some of us to chip in on an order.

We should keep in touch, maybe one of us will get lucky.
  3. jandc

jandc Member

Jan 29, 2004
    We have 8x10 and 12x16 Forte PG-V in stock here:

PW-17 Chamois is special order from Forte. Depending on if they have any in stock or have to wait for a production somewhere down the road delivery times are uncertain.

If you're in Europe check with Fotoimpex if they have any in stock.