Anyone getting Minox reloads from "Goathill?"

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by ic-racer, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have about 30 Minox cartridges to reload. I see that the "Goathill" website was last updated in 2004. I wonder if anyone has purchased slit film from them recently.

2. bdilgard

bdilgard Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Its been updated more recently than that. They were listing reloaded Minolta 16 cartridges earlier this year but has since taken them off. I attempted to order some before the web listing was changed and they sent the check back as they were no longer available.

3. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    One of my friend had a famous spy minox and he was talking about the necesserity to cut film at home.
    It was 25 years ago and no internet or contact with outer world.
    If he could do it may be you can buy a thick steel ruler and industrial gloves protecting your hands and a sharp cutter.

Umut

4. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Umut,

Spooled films are typically slit on a DIY base by pulling them through a slicer, an apparatus consisting of a film guide and knife blades at the precise distance which are pressed into the film whilst pulling it through.

5. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just got 30 ft of bulk 16mm from Goathill. Service was fast and communication was easy.

6. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is that slit or is that single perf? How much was it and what type of film? My last 100ft spool of simgle perf 16mm is about 10 years old and getting a little fogged, so I'd like to pick up some fresh 16mm film also.

7. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What I got was unperfed 16mm Aristachrome 400, which I assume was slit from old bulk rolls from Freestyle. I don't think he has many single perf films for sale though. Your best option for 16mm single perf is getting short ends from cine supply houses like Film Emporium (www.tapesuperstore.com). It is much cheaper per foot, and is most likely the freshest you can buy.