Anyone in Maine with a Mamiya 6?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Voyager, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Voyager

Voyager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've been using a Pentax 645 with four lenses or a Bronica SQ-a setup, and as age creeps up on me (more like a 100 yard dash) it's just getting too heavy for me to lug around...thinking of a Mamiya 6, but I'd like to actually hold and sight through one before selling/buying gear...anyone in Maine have such a kit?...I'd drive over if it's not more than 150 miles, spend maybe 20 minutes with it, and be mighty grateful...

2. Hikari

Hikari Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    PM sent.

3. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you wear glasses? The Mamiya 7ii has a good viewfinder but certainly not like a Nikon F3hp.

4. Voyager

Voyager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hikari (above) is fairly local to Bristol, and he's agreed to let me check out his Mamiya 6...so I'm all set, thanks all. Curt, I do wear glasses, but even squinting through a Contax G1 is no problem for me--I adjust quickly. Regarding the Mamiya 7ii: lovely piece of machinery, but bigger than the 6, and if it I were to purchase my usual lens setup (mild wide, mid range, and mild tele) it would cost way more than my gear is worth...plus, I do like the 6X6 format...Vincent

5. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They are great cameras, the 7 feels really good in the hands. I talked to a repair facility yesterday and they said the lenses are right at the top of the list. He went on to say that he uses Mamiya 7 lenses to demonstrate a perfect lens to new techs.

Best,
    Curt