Anyone know a good source for Nikon F2 parts?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Jeffrey A. Steinberg, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Jeffrey A. Steinberg

Jeffrey A. Steinberg Member

Does anyone know a good source for Nikon F2 parts? I have tried Sover Wong and he doesn't have anything. Here is what I am looking for:

My collector quality 1977 Nikon F2AS Black camera has a deep scratch in the top plate.

Does anyone have an extra top plate they want to sell or know a source of parts?

1977 only please.

--Jeffrey Steinberg

2. Richard Mendales

Richard Mendales Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You might try Pete Smith at Fotocamera Repair in Lake Worth, Florida. He does extensive (and excellent) work on older Nikons, and if he does not have the part himself, he may know where to get it. Good luck!
    Richard

3. David H. Bebbington

David H. Bebbington Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Have you talked to a repairman about this? Particularly as you want a plate from the same year, I would have thought easier to have your existing plate repaired.

Regards,

David

4. f2john

f2john Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  5. Jeffrey A. Steinberg

Jeffrey A. Steinberg Member

I have used Sover. He is excellent. He doesn't do paint repair and doesn't have the part that I need.

Thanks for the references.

6. ehparis

ehparis Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    What I think you need is a repair person's network used by various repair people to make repairs to customer cameras. These are common on the east coast although they're strictly for use by repair people. Assuming the "repair cost" would be nominal this could be the route to go. I can't see looking for a particular "color" plate for a particular year as very productive.

After all you struck out with Sover and he reportedly has one of the better *individual* supplies of F2 parts. I've heard of no one else comparable to him and his F2 supplies.