Anyone know about Transparency Printer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by fotch, Jan 28, 2012.

1. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    While buying some darkroom equipment from a professional photographer a couple of years ago, I had asked if he had a light box he would part with. My wife was needing one and if I found one then I could borrow mine back. Anyway, what I ended up with is called a "Portable Transparency Printer" by Mfg Charles Beseler Co.

She said it was way to bright and gave it back to me. It is to much for looking at negatives. I am wondering if it is used in some process that I am not familiar with. Burning plates? It uses fluorescent bulbs with mirror like reflector.

Any uses?

TransparancyPrinter_3694.jpg

2. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Would this be useful for a large format contact printer? The bulbs come on very fast. Very bright.
    DSC_3703.JPG

3. ProperProof

ProperProof Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Be Careful- UV- damaging light source

This is not a light-box for viewing. If it is like mine, the pressure plate arm was removed from the top.
    The bulbs are a source of Ultraviolet light and can damage your eyes. This was designed for exposing print-out paper and other emulsions that require intense light. This is too intense for projection speed paper. I am using mine to contact print cyanotypes.
    Pp

4. John51

John51 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It looks like the boxes that get used for exposing printed circuit board prototypes. Also for some forms of letterpress plates.