Anyone Used Formulary Amidol Powder Paper Developer w/ Lodima Silver Chloride Paper?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by largeformat65, Jun 11, 2013.

1. largeformat65

largeformat65 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone have experience using Formulary Amidol Powder Paper Developer with Michael Smith's Lodima Silver Chloride Paper?

If so, assuming you have positive results to share, any tips or insights would be appreciated.

I am getting ready to try some different developers to use with some Lodima Silver Chloride paper from Michael and Paula and thought I would order this if it makes sense. I am printing some 8x10 Pyro HD developed FP4+ negs.

Thanks,

Larry

2. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    if not from the formulary where does one order amidol

3. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    if you're in the UK/EU, you can buy it from Silverprint in London ... which isn't helpful if you're in Ct I know

4. michael_r

michael_r Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's a good question for Michael A. Smith so hopefully he'll see this thread. You should also do some thread searches here on "Lodima" and also check michaelandpaula.com. There is always this thing about Amidol vs Chinese Amidol etc. Presumably this has to do with variations in "grade" or purity but I don't have personal experience. Then when it comes to Amidol developers of course there are many different formulas.

In addition to Formulary, I believe Artcraft sells Amidol. I don't know where they source it from.