APUG Baseball Cap interest.

Discussion in 'Member Organized Functions' started by PeterDendrinos, Sep 15, 2005.

Would you have any interest in purchasing an APUG Baseball Cap?

1. Yes…I would have a strong interest.

65 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. I don’t know, perhaps, but not a strong interest.

19 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Could go either way, see my comments below

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. No - nor any other baseball cap!

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PeterDendrinos

PeterDendrinos Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Good day everyone,

Sean and I are working to bring you an APUG Baseball Cap through a “store front” that he is working on.

I would like to get an idea of the number of folks that would be interested in purchasing one.

The hats are 100% cotton, adjustable size. They appear to be quite well made. They are grey with dark blue embroidery work.

The way I would like to work this, is that perhaps 20% of the sale price will go directly to Sean to assist in maintaining the site. These hats would be reasonably priced, and the more folks that order the better pricing I can get from the manufacturer.

All I am looking for at the moment is a idea of interest. There is no commitment being made by you in indicating interest.

Please see the images below, and use the poling feature to indicate interest. If you have comments please feel free to post them here or pm or email me.

Thank you

Peter Dendrinos

Attached Files:

2. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I look stupid in a hat. Which is not to say I look smart w/o one.

3. seadrive

seadrive Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Peter,

I think the word "photography" needs to be spelled out somewhere on the hat, and "analog photography" would be even better. Then, someone might ask, "What is APUG, and what does it have to do with photography? And what the heck is analog photography?"

Otherwise, APUG is just some meaningless acronym for who-cares-what. One man's opinion...

BTW, I would pay an amount over and above what you probably have in mind for a really nice cap! :smile:

Steve

4. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Rats! Ma head's too big for most baseball caps, but I'd really like to have an apug one. Trouble is, nearly no one knows what an APUG is so they'd look at my head even more attentively than they otherwise might. They might think it meant "Aggressive Pyromaniac Using Gasoline" or something and I'd get hauled before the 'let's not let that freedom of expression nonsense go too far' board of busibodies....so.....I'll have to pass on this one!

5. hanaa

hanaa Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    i agree the had would need something more spelled out, like analog photography. Emphaize "Analog" i don't want some digital person walking up to me saying something stupid like "we photographers should stick together" i dunno. seems like a good idea though. i'd buy one, sure, i need a cap anyways. :smile:

6. bohica

bohica Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree with previous statements but would buy one as pictured also

7. eric

eric Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a big collection of baseball hats. I'd be interested in one as long as we can barter for it. :smile:
    I'm just hoping Pug owners don't come up to me and ask me if I have a Pug. I have a mutt which I tried to name Distagon but my wife didn't like that. At least, I got to name my new car Rocinante.

8. Charles Webb

Charles Webb Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A cotton baseball cap, no Way!

A Wool Baseball cap just fine.

Cotton won't hold its shape, will instantly form itself to the shape of your head making you look like a member of some misdirected D---tal camera society!

Be Cool, Wear Wool!

9. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    No caps for me. Too much hair.

10. PeterDendrinos

PeterDendrinos Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The rational for the Cotton is that they will be cooler and breath better than wool in the heat of summer.

Pete

11. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A baseball cap for me... NOT ENOUGH HAIR!!!! :wink:

gene

12. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    lol !! mrcallow....I feel the same way, but started to wear baseball hats about 10 years ago or so, no just use em when I go out on the weekends to cover up the wild hair look on the weekends. Besides, glad to have hair these days, funny how much less I worry about these things as I get older.

Just be sure the gray does not clash with the gray of the hair... :wink:

13. laz

laz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll take 2, I have NO hair!

FWIW just "APUG.org" is what I'd prefer, much cooler and besides even my head is not big enough to handle ANALOG PHOTOGRAPHY!
    (I would however love it if a luddite elitest cap were made available!)
    -Bob

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. ggriffi

ggriffi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would like to say that I have one of these hats already and they are quite nicely made. Got it from Peter this past weekend at our meeting in Clare, Michigan. I think his intent is just to see if there is enough interest to warrant a purchase out of his own pocket to get the ball rolling. If they sell,then who knows, we could end up with a variety of hats.

g

16. kwmullet

kwmullet Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  17. mikewhi

mikewhi Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I'm not choosy. It looke like a nice cap. APUG on it it just fine, don't get too wordy - it drives the cost up. Maybe choice of colors - black or white! People that live in a hot zone get a white one, cold zones black and temperate, get one of each.

Did you mention the cost? I won't pay a lot for this muffler.

-Mike

18. Gim

Gim Subscriber

I have one from Clare. Can use two more for friends.

19. Charles Webb

Charles Webb Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Poor rationality in my mind, wonder why real baseball caps are made out of wool? It coulden't possibly be because when you sweat the wool absorbs the sweat and the air flowing through it is cooling. Do many Arabs wear cotton? Not to worry however, do what you think is best! I won't be buying a cotton cap during my lifetime! At any price!

20. sunnyroller

sunnyroller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    18% Grey?

Will it be 18% grey? :D

21. RichSBV

RichSBV Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'd love to add this hat to my modest collection.

And although I do agree that having "Analog Photography" on it would be nice, it may be a little too much for a hat?

To add a little more (or less), could it be anything but blue? I have a real aversion to that color. I would buy one if it had to be blue, but if it was done with black or so, I would buy a few...

22. blackmelas

blackmelas Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    It's a very nice design but I do agree with hanna as well. And thanks to you Peter for taking this on.
    Best regards,
    James

23. Travis Nunn

Travis Nunn Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't think I'd buy one with the current design, its too simple. The website on the back is nice, but I think the front could have more than just APUG. A design of a LF camera and the words "Analog Photography Users Group" encircling it or something like that would be nice. I think I read somewhere that Sean is working on a new APUG logo, that might be something to think about.

24. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I will probably buy one either way, but I do agree that the word Analog should appear somewhere, or some sort of slogan that says what APUG is about.

25. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    No way!

I took the liberty of editing the poll to add an option for people like me :D

26. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Since this is the first foray into this kind of thing, it's probably best to keep it simple.

I'd like to see a big fat APUG.ORG on the front and a little one on the back...but that's splitting hairs. What you have so far is 1000% better than the nothing that was available before :smile:

I can't wait until the first time somebody spots my hat and comes bounding through a crowd to introduce themselves...that'll be so cool!!!

Murray