Apug Conference; Print competitions? Speakers? etc.

Discussion in 'Member Organized Functions' started by waynecrider, May 16, 2005.

1. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I believe we are about a year away from the conference. Are we to have a category type print competition, and any idea as to speakers and workshops this far out? Is there a lodging update?

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'd like to see some workshops from the APUG regulars like Sandy and Les, and maybe a session with Tracy Storer and the big Polaroid (hmmm.... corporate sponsorship opportunity there?). How about Kerry Thalmann on, say, choosing a lens, or lens design and aesthetics, or backpacking with a big camera?

There are the usual suspects, of course, like John Sexton, Bruce Barnbaum, Michael & Paula, Tillman Crane, etc. Andrea Modica teaches and does workshops and could be interesting. John Coffer maybe for a collodion demo?

There should be something for the small format types. How about Mike Johnston or Bill Pierce who writes a good column on digitaljournalist.org (but seems very well disposed toward film)?

I'd be more interested in a group show than a competition.

3. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Wayne

John , Eric and I are very close to announcing the conference, just hang in and I think all questions will be answered shortly.
    best regards
    Bob

4. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just to stick back to the top of the new post list for others.

5. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    We are a week or so away from announcing.