APUG'ERS 9/11 images

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by severian, Aug 27, 2006.

1. severian

severian Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    This relates to an ongoing discussion on the thread below, and perhaps it has already been done. If you are an APUG'ER and you were there on 9/11 or during the aftermath I would like to see what you saw during that time. Maybe you could post your photographic reactions to this catastrophe.
    Jack

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I was in the city, following the events, stocking up on food, water, and cash, but I wasn't out photographing on 9/11. I also didn't have the view I have now, so I couldn't see much downtown, but I could smell it.

I haven't taken many photographs relating to 9/11--maybe I have some of the memorials down in Union Square or elsewhere around town. This is probably the one that most people seem to find interesting--

[​IMG]

3. Q17

Q17 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not mine, but my friend's, Ramon Muxter's photo. He was to have an exhibit opening on 9/13 at Laumont Editions in New York and was there, three blocks away from GZ:

Attached Files:

• 911.jpg
      911.jpg
      File size:
      103.4 KB
      Views:
  4. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I still can't look at these without grieving. They were taken by the armory on Lexington Ave. near Union Square. That area, and much of downtown and midtown Manhattan was papered with posters similar to these on walls, fences, poles, store windows and even vehicles. Many relatives and friends hadn't fully realized the magnitude of the murders, and still hoped against hope that their loved ones might be found. Both my sons had been downtown that day. The younger, who was on his way to class at NYU, witnessed the second plane hit. His class was held nonetheless. When he emerged some time later, neither tower still stood. I was terrified for hours until I heard they were both safe. It was a nightmare then, and the memory is extremely upsetting to me still.

Attached Files: