Arca Swiss L brackets for Nikon F cameras

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by msbarnes, Feb 18, 2013.

1. msbarnes

msbarnes Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are there any compatible L brackets for any of the Nikon F cameras?

So I ordered a sunywayfoto universal bracket for my Nikon F without too much thought. Well it fit fine, but then I realized that I can't change the film!

Then I thought, well, maybe I can just get an F3 but then I thought that the bracket might intefere with the swinging back.

So my question is:

Anyone use an L bracket for any of their Nikon F's? outside of the F6 and the collector cameras (titanium F3) most nikon's are not too expensive so I do not mind getting a new body just to use an L bracket.

2. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  3. Aja B

Aja B Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  4. John_Nikon_F

John_Nikon_F Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    One probably would work on a motor driven F. You'd have to find a way to operate the open/close key, but it'd work.

-J

5. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've spent plenty of time using F's with L brackets, to change film, you take the camera off. A bit of a PITA, but not a big deal really.

The alternative would be to use a shoe mount flash (assuming you're using a flash on the bracket).
    There is really no other way aside from the motor suggestion to get something that's compatible.

Think of it as a "feature":smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  6. msbarnes

msbarnes Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh and to be clear, I'm talking about an arca swiss L bracket for placing the camera in portrait/landscape orientation on the tripod. Nothing to do with flash.

7. msbarnes

msbarnes Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It seems that the F5 would be the easiest solution because they are less rare but the most inconvinient for me because I have non ai glass, argh. I can probably measure the dimensions of the universal but user experience will be easier because I may not think of the small incompatibilities.