Are Fotospeed no longer making their FB paper?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by ozphoto, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm getting close to finishing my Fotospeed Renaissance paper (along with their other finishes) and when I visited their site, it's no longer listed. They only have RCVC in Glossy and Oyster.
    Does anyone have any paper suggestions to use instead.
    I do like their Oyster finish, but I've got some lovely images that just need that extra "ooomph" that FB gives.

Cheers,
    Nanette

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nanette, Fotospeed have never made any papers they just source them and re-badge them.

You could look at the Foma papers, also Kentmere and EFKE, not forgetting Ilford. There's also still some Forte available.

Ian

3. keeds

keeds Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Who makes their Lith paper?

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You could try searching the forums, there was a post on APUG last year about who made the various re-badged films & papers.

The new range of Bergger papers (manufactured by Ilford) should be available now.

I guess Fotospeed's problem is with Agfa and Forte gone it's getting harder for them to source B&W papers.

Ian

5. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    And such a pity. I really liked their range - it kinda filled the gap (for me) left by Agfa. A bit difficult to locate Bergger, Forte etc papers here in Australia; limited imports and then the cost is crazy. Just bought a pack of 3.5"x5" Fotospeed paper and it cost double that of Ilford. Looks like I'll be going on a spend spree next month when I visit Japan for business and then ship it home! :wink: