Are you ready to salivate????

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Dave Parker, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just a bit of information to pass along.....

Yesterday afternoon about 4:30 I received a call from someone in Hollywood, CA that works at a company that builds custom equipment for the movie industry, asking if I could supply a screen for their 35mm film editing machine, to which I told sure, just give me the dimentions and we can supply it for you....he told me he was going to go to the shop and measure and get back to me.......sure, I have heard this story before!

Well he called back this morning, and told me he had solved his problem, I was not here to take the call......but my wife was, who many of you have spoke to......the way he solved his problem, this is going to hurt! He told her he went out in their warehouse and was looking around and opened a sealed box with a postal date of 1954 on it, never opened and found, low and behold a BRAND NEW, NEVER SHOT Deardorff 8x10! so he proceded to take the ground glass out of the back of it and cut it down to replace the ground glass screen on his 35mm editing machine!!!!! argggggggggggg

I have a call into him to see, if they might be interested is parting with this camera, but I about cried! How many of us have the opportunity to actually handle a brand new Deardorff, that was made in 1954, with all the paperwork, original instructions and the original packing materials....

I am dyeing here! hope he calls back soon, I may have to head to the bank to get a loan, but what a find!!!!!!

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well, clearly he didn't think it was anything of value, and compared to what things cost in the professional movie business, it isn't anything of value!

3. laz

laz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great year. The Deardorff and I are the same age. :smile:

4. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    David,

I think you and I may know a bit different.....

Dave

5. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This sounds like a guy who would desecrate graves for something to do on an idle afternoon...or write a shopping list on a Dead Sea scroll. yikes!!

6. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

It'll be nicer with Satin Snow Ground Glass anyway.

7. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dave... I hope he decides it ain't worth nuttin' and sends it off to ya!!! :D
    Good luck and keep us posted.

gene

8. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Er, ah, Dave...what did you say this guys name was? ... and somehow his phone number disappeared from this thread...please repost :D

9. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    ARRRGH!

Can somebody twist the knife a little more. Maybe that will distract me from the mental anguish. eeeeeeah-ug.