Arghh!

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by thebanana, Nov 1, 2007.

1. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Processed 2 rolls of HP5+ tonight, taken using my Holga, only to find that the little switch on the bottom had been inadvertently moved to the bulb setting....very black negs. Maybe if I leave the enlarger light on for about 10 minutes I'll get an image:sad:

2. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    You are not alone. I did this as well. Now I have two Holgas. One is painted red and has the switch glued in bulb position. The other is black, and is glued in the shutter direction. Cheaper in the long run than film. :smile:

3. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    I once printed some pictures for a photographer who had done the same mistake on a trip to Paris. The pictures came out with nice blur effects, but were hard to print. Around 5-10 minutes split filter between grade 4.5 and 5 for most of them. She also used this technique again (on purpose).

Jon

4. mtbbrian

mtbbrian Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Good idea Jason.
    I have a red one too, but it's purpose is a little different.
    My red I shoot color slide film with, my yellow I shoot color negative film with and the black one I shoot b&w with.
    I'd like to see your painted cameras.
    I hope to see you on the 11th for the SLC TC meeting, I believe you got the email didn't you.
    If you didn't email me and I will give you the details.
    Brian